Before addressing to companies or professionals, customers look for information on search engines. The results can influence customers’ choices; therefore, firms and private citizens analyse and take care of their Web Presence.
What is Web Presence
Web Presence refers to the information available online about a company, a brand, a product, a professional or a private citizen.
The elements of Web Presence are:
- Official website of the company/private citizen;
- Official profiles on general or trade Social Networks;
- Websites and portals managed by third parties in which information, reviews, discussions about the activity of the company/private citizen are published;
- Presentation of results on search engines.
La reputazione (Web Reputation) dipende quindi dalle informazioni reperibili online e dalle loro caratteristiche.
Web Reputation thus depends on the information available online and by its characteristics.
Web Reputation assessment
In order to assess Web Reputation of a company/private citizen, different keywords and queries are inserted on search engines and the results are analysed. Before starting the process, it is very important to follow some precautions, such as logging off from all the accounts, in order to avoid customized results and thus an altered image of reality.
The professional analysis of Web Reputation (e-reputation analysis) is the first step to define online communication strategies. The reputation analysis includes:
- Sentiment analysis: analysis of the public’s current perception about the company, about the brand, about the product or about the professional’s competences;
- Statistical analysis, application of filters and segmentation: parallel investigations are held and each one is specific for different terms or groups of terms. Different market segments are studied and numerous channels are separately considered (websites, Social Networks, etc.). The statistical analysis is essential in order to develop an effective strategic marketing plan. Superficial reports cause evaluation mistakes, and consequently the failure of the communication plan;
- SEO analysis: analysis of the quality and of the quantity of the results provided by the main search engines.
Leave A Comment